Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges

The history of Cosesti

Cosesti is located in the central part of Arges, at a 25 km distance from Pitesti. It has an area of 6138 hectars and a population of 5498 people.
Cosesti has a varied relief made of hills and it is crossed at nord by the Doamnei river, and is connected with the county’s main city by the national road 731 Nucsoara- Pitesti, which has been modernized.
The climat of the area is temperate-continental, which is specific for the regions with low and high hills.
Doamnei river has numerous species of fish and lobsters. In the area we can also find deers, wolves, foxes, martens and many species of birds and snakes.

The villages

The history of the villages that are part of Cosesti is a history of regaining and maintaning social freedom and rights upon the land given by the ancestors.
Some documents Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges from that period allows us to understand better different aspects regarding the development and consolidation of the romanian villages in many aspects.
It is the period in which the romanian village is starting to apear in the written documents.

Local architecture

Cosesti belongs to the scattered category of village. It has a large number of small streets, with households and farms separated by gardens with fruit trees or corn fields.
A household is formed from personal home, yard, village garden and the piece of lucrative land.
The elements of a village household show not only the level of economy, but also the grade of popular culture. The households are pastoral-agricultural type, with unequal yard margins. The households have fences made from wood, and at the entrance a big uncovered gate.


The wooden church from Jupanesti is a historical monument and a masterpiece of the church builders from Arges, with its very varied architectural decorations. It is situated in the lower part of the village, at 150 meters from the street and it was build by Necula Jupan Ramleanu, Popa Mihaila si Necula Grecu. The church was build in two stages : in the first stage, the church was build, and in the second the threshold with the bell. In 1892, at 150 years from the foundation, the church was declared historical monument.


The community home known as Raul Doamnei started to function in the year 1933, at the initiative of the pupils and students of Cosesti, Jupanesti and Leicesti, and it is placed in Cosesti. After the second world war, the cultural activity has experienced a new begining, with the foundation of the community home known as "Flacara".
Today, Cosesti has six community homes.

Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges Istoria Comunei Cosesti Arges